A clock which has a pendulum made of brass keeps correct time at 30 degrees celcius.How many seconds will it lose or gain in a day if the temperature falls to 0 degrees celcius.(Coefficient of thermal expansion for brass = 0.000018)
Asked by Tejas | 25th Nov, 2017, 03:11: PM
Question : A clock which has a pendulum made of brass keeps correct time at 30 degrees celcius.How many seconds will it lose or gain in a day if the temperature falls to 0 degrees celcius.(Coefficient of thermal expansion for brass = 0.000018)
In the below relationship,
Answered by Abhijeet Mishra | 26th Nov, 2017, 12:49: AM
- Heat is added to 10^3 cubic cm of water at atmospheric pressure. The water's temperature increases by 50 degrees celsius. Find (a) the work done by the water as it expands (b) the increase in water's internal energy.
- Calculate the change in volume of an iron block 10cm ×20cm×5cm if its temperature is raised from 10°c to 40°c Given coefficient of linear expansion of iron = 1.2×10^-5 °c ^-1
- what is thermal expantion
- 9. The resistance of a resistance thermometer has values 2.70Q and 3.70Q at OOC and 1000C respectively. The temperature at which the resistance is 3.100 is
- what is the relationship between alpha and gamma
- Thermal expansion
- What is heat? What is the unit of heat?
- Which instrument is used to measure temperature? What are the various scales of temperature? Write the expression stating the relation between various scales of temperature.
- What is Joule's Mechanical Equivalent of Heat?
- State some applications of thermal expansion.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number