A centigrade and a Fareenheit thermometer are dipped in boiling water. The water temperature is lowered until the farenheit thermometer registers 140 degree. The fall in tempersture as registered by the centigrade thermometer will be about?
1. 60 degree
2. 40 degree
3. 30 degree
4. 80 degree.
Please explain the answer as well.
Asked by mamalinanda1998 | 15th May, 2016, 04:24: PM
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 16th May, 2016, 12:04: PM
- what is thermal expantion
- 9. The resistance of a resistance thermometer has values 2.70Q and 3.70Q at OOC and 1000C respectively. The temperature at which the resistance is 3.100 is
- what is the relationship between alpha and gamma
- Thermal expansion
- What is heat? What is the unit of heat?
- Which instrument is used to measure temperature? What are the various scales of temperature? Write the expression stating the relation between various scales of temperature.
- What is Joule's Mechanical Equivalent of Heat?
- State some applications of thermal expansion.
- What is thermal expansion? What are its types?
- Does the Fahrenheit scale and Kelvin scale give same reading? If yes at what temperature?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number