a car moving along a straight highway with speed of km126 per hr. is brought to a stop with a distance of 200 m .what is the retardation of a car and how long does it take for a car to stop.
( its given answer is A= -3.006 m/sec sq.
and T=11.4 sec)
but mine answer is not matched with this so how to do this ques?
Asked by Manisha Marwaha | 21st Jun, 2014, 12:41: AM
The value of retardation provided by you is wrong and the value of time is correct.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 21st Jun, 2014, 01:02: PM
- A particle travels in a straight line, such that for a short time 2s≤t≤6s, its motion is described by v=(4/a) m/s, where a is in m/s 2 . If v =8m/s when t = 2s, determine the particle's acceleration when t = 4s.
- please solutions
- Distance covered by a train is 72 km with initial velocity of 20 m/s in 30 minutes. Find it's acceleration
- Derive an expression for average acceleration and instantaneous accelerationfor the motion of an object in x-y plane
- Velocity as a function of position for a particle is given as v = √x (ii) Find acceleration as function of time.
- Formula to find distance travelled by an uniformly accelerated body is
- The distance x covered by a body moving in a straight line in time t is given by the relation- 2x²+3x=t If v is the velocity of body at a certain instance of time, find it's acceleration.
- eg. v = 2x ; assume t = 0 ; x = 2 m ; find a(t)?
- Define instantaneous acceleration.
- The velocity of the particle is given by v = 4t2 + 7 cm/s. Find the velocity of the particle during the time interval t1 = 2s and t2 = 4s also find the average acceleration during the same interval of time.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number