A car has a weight of 8000N. The car is supported by 4 tyres.
The weight on each tyre is equal.
The area of one tyre in contact with the ground is 150 cm2
Calculate the pressure that one tyre exerts on the ground.
Show your working and give your answer in N/cm2
Asked by kavitagangar540 | 30th Sep, 2021, 11:40: PM
Weight of car = 8000 N
Weight on each tyre of car = 8000/4 = 2000 N
Area of one tyre = 150 cm2
Pressure exerted by one tyre on ground = Force/ Area = 2000/150 N/cm2 = 13.33 N/cm2
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 1st Oct, 2021, 10:58: AM
- The pressure of the inflated balloon is less or greater than the atmospheric pressure? Why? Explain.
- what is pressure
- 4. You are given the following masses and volumes for various blocks of materials. The mass of 1cm^ 3 of water is 1g.From them choose which one will float in water? (A)materialW:mass=12g,volume=10cm 3 (B)materialY:mass=30g,volume=28cm 3 (C)materialX:mass=22g,volume=20cm3 (D)materialZ;mass=12g,volume=13cm3
- what does pressure depend on?
- 5 applications on atmospheric pressure
- State the characteristics of liquid pressure?
- A nail has 2metre square at one end,1/100m^2 and at the other end. a force of 1000g. weight is applied on the first end calculate the pressure avthing on the wall? Value of g=10m/sec^2
- How vaccum can be created on Earth
- why does a truck have more wheels
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number