- a bullet of mass 10 g is fired at a speed of 10 m/s-1 from a gun of a mass of 4 kg. what is the recoil velocity of the gun?
Asked by ujjawalraj95049 | 3rd Jul, 2019, 10:51: PM
On applying the conservation of momentum for gun bullet system we get
Here negative sign indicates that the velocity of the gun is in opposite direction to the velocity of bullet.
Answered by Utkarsh Lokhande | 4th Jul, 2019, 08:48: AM
- what is linear momentum ?
- a bullet of mass 20 grams is horizontally fired with a volicity of 150 mls from pistal of mass 2 kg what is the recoil volicity of pistal
- Two hockey players of opposite teams, while trying to hit a hockey ball on the ground collide and immediately become entangled. One has a mass of 60 kg and was moving with a velocity 5.0 m s–1 while the other has a mass of 55 kg and was moving faster with a velocity 6.0 m s–1 towards the first player. In which direction and with what velocity will they move after they become entangled? Assume that the frictional force acting between the feet of the two players and ground is negligible.
- vehicle stops on applying brakes does this phenomena violate the principle of conservation of momentum momentum momentum
- please answer fast
- question number 33
- A bullet of mass 3 kg is fired with a velocity of 150 metre per second find its momentum
- A ball moving at a constant speed 10m/s, hits normally on a wall (mass of ball is 50g) and rebounds with same speed. The change in momentum is
- The mass of a cannon is 500 kg. From this cannon a bullet of 10 kg mass was thrown at a speed of 20 m / s. How long does a cannon retreat if the resistance of the land is one tenth the weight of the cannon?
- What is the meaning of: p=mu and p=mv Are they equal?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number