- a bullet of mass 10 g is fired at a speed of 10 m/s-1 from a gun of a mass of 4 kg. what is the recoil velocity of the gun?
Asked by ujjawalraj95049 | 3rd Jul, 2019, 10:51: PM
On applying the conservation of momentum for gun bullet system we get
Here negative sign indicates that the velocity of the gun is in opposite direction to the velocity of bullet.
Answered by Utkarsh Lokhande | 4th Jul, 2019, 08:48: AM
- A ball moving at a constant speed 10m/s, hits normally on a wall (mass of ball is 50g) and rebounds with same speed. The change in momentum is
- The mass of a cannon is 500 kg. From this cannon a bullet of 10 kg mass was thrown at a speed of 20 m / s. How long does a cannon retreat if the resistance of the land is one tenth the weight of the cannon?
- What is the meaning of: p=mu and p=mv Are they equal?
- Formula of momentum
- Two objecrts, each of mass 1.5kg, are moving in the same straight line but in opposite directions. The velocity of each object is 2.5m/s before the collision during which they stick together. What will be the collision?
- State the Law of Conservation of Momentum
- What is the total momentum of the bullet and the gun before firing?
- Name any two applications of the law of conservation of momentum.
- How can you explain the movement of rocket in the upward direction with the help of law of conservation of momentum?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number