A bullet is fired into a fixed target loses half of its velocity after penetrating 3 cm. how much further will it penetrate before coming to rest assuming that it faces constant retardation?
Asked by Ravikant | 18th Nov, 2015, 09:14: PM
Let u be initial velocity of the bullet, after penetrating 3 cm into the target the velocity reduces to u/2 .
i.e After travelling s=3 cm with initial velocity u, the final velocity v = u /2.
Answered by Faiza Lambe | 19th Nov, 2015, 07:49: AM
- two ball of mass 50 g and 100 g bare dropped form same building .what is the ratio of their speeds on reaching ground
- A diwali rocket moves vertically with constant acceleration of 5 ms–2. After some time its fuel exhausted and then it falls freely. If maximum height attained by the rocket is 60m. Then find its speeds when the fuel is just exhausted. (g = 10ms–2)
- a particle starts with velocity 20 m/s with constant retardation of 4m/s^2.find distance travelled in 7 seconds
- please answer the question given below
- obtain equation of motion of constant acceleration using matter calculus
- On turning a corner, a motorist rushing at 44 ms-1 find a child on the road ahead. He is currently stops the engine and applies the brakes so as to stop it within 1m of the child. Calculate time required to stop it stops.
- What is motion?
- 14th sum plz
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number