A body is in equilibrium under the influence of a
Number of force.Each force has a different line
of action.The minimum number of force required
A)2,if their lines of action pass through the centre
of mass of the body.
B)3,if their lines of action are not parallel.
C)3,if their lines of action are parallel.
D)4,if their lines of action are parallel and all the
force have the same magnitude.
Asked by Sunil Soni | 18th Aug, 2015, 11:25: PM
The body is in equilibrium.
A) If the line of action passes through the centre of mass and if only two forces act, then to be in equilibrium the forces need to be equal and opposite in direction.
This is not possible as it is mentioned their line of action is different.
B) and C) Three forces which are either parallel or not parallel can make the body in equilibrium as their line of action is different. So, they can add up or subtract to make the body in equilibrium.
D) Four forces can make the body in equilibrium if their magnitudes are equal and their direction is such that they cancel each other. In this case also their line of action is different.
Hence, options B, C and D are correct.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 19th Aug, 2015, 12:37: PM
- Hlw sir plz fast solve with explain quick fast I need to fast help
- What do you mean by Torque?
- Is Torque a scalar or vector quantity? If it is a vector, what rule is used to determine its direction?
- What is the dimensional formula of Torque? Also write its S.I units?
- If a body is rotating, is it necessary being acted upon by an external Torque?
- What is the physical meaning of Torque?
- Why do we prefer to use a wrench with a long arm?
- Why the door cannot be rotated by applying force in a direction parallel to the plank of the door?
- Explain that Torque is only due to transverse component of force. Radial component has nothing to do with torque.
- Derive an expression for torque in polar co-ordinate.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number