A body is dropped from the ceiling of a transparent cabin falling freely towards the earth.Describe the motion of the body as obseved by the observer(a)sitig on the cabin(b)standing on the earth.
Asked by satyapaldpr | 8th Aug, 2015, 08:13: PM
The cabin is falling freely towards Earth. A body is dropped from the ceiling of the cabin. Both of them are moving downwards with the same acceleration.
(a) Hence, for a person sitting in the cabin, the body is not moving at all, i.e. the body is stationary.
(b) A person standing on Earth will see the body and cabin fall freely towards Earth. Hence, the motion of the body as observed by the observer will be linear motion with acceleration g towards Earth.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 9th Aug, 2015, 12:23: PM
- Find the force required to move a load of 100 N up a rough inclined plane, the force being applied parallel to the plane. The inclination of the plane is such that when the same body is kept on a perfectly smooth plane inclined at that angle, a force of 24 N applied at an inclination of 30 degree to the plane keeps the same in equilibrium. Assume coefficient of friction between the rough plane and load equal to 0.3
- 8th sum
- 5th sum.plz
- please eplain-static means anything which is steady or changes with time.
- What are free body diagrams?
- What is the need of free body diagram in mechanics?
- Name the forces which are generally encountered in classical mechanics?
- Draw free body diagram of two blocks placed one over other as shown in figure.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number