A block of mass M moving on the horizontal x-y plane having coefficient of friction . The partical has a velocity V and acceleration a. unit vector alond the direction of friction force acting on the particle is
(a) - (b)- (c) (d) -(+)/
Asked by Meet Upadhyay | 2nd Aug, 2014, 06:46: PM
Let M be the mass of the block,
Velocity Vector along x-axis is
Acceleration vector along y-axis is
the Resultant unit vector is .
since Friction force always opposes the motion hence direction of friction force is opposite to resultant as shown in figure:-
Unit vector along the friction force = =
Correct Ans is option (d)
Answered by Priyanka Kumbhar | 5th Aug, 2014, 04:29: PM
- define free fall
- two vectors equal have resultant equal to either find the angle between them
- A force of 2i+3j+2kN acts on a body for 4s and produces a displacement of 3i+4j+5k m. calcuate power.
- If IA×B| = A•B, what is the angle between A and B?
- find angle between P vector and Q vector if resultant is given by R^2=P^2+Q^2.
- Resolve a force of 10 N into two components, if it acts at an angle of 30o with the horizontal.
- Difference between opposite and antiparallel vectors?
- List of vector formulas
- The magnitude of two vectors are equal and angle between them is theta. Show that their resultant divides angle theta equally.
- find the component of 3i+4j along i+j ?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number