A bird is flying up at an angle sin¯¹ (3/5) with the horizontal. A fish in a pond looks at that bird. When it is vertically above the fish. The angle at which the bird appears to fly to the fish is (given refractive index of water - 4/3)
Asked by Malavika Umesh | 16th May, 2015, 11:31: PM
Here the bird is the object and the fish is the observer.
From point of view of fish:
y axis represents the vertically upward direction and x-axis gives the horizontal direction.
Hence the apparent height(vertical) observed by the fish:
Answered by Jyothi Nair | 18th May, 2015, 01:30: PM
- The interior of a hollow metal sphere is polished to serve as a mirror. At a point 12cm from the centre of the sphere of radius 24 cm, a point source of light is placed. Locate its image formed by two successive reflections, the first reflection taking place at the (a) far wall (b) near wall.
- For a spherical refracting surface define:a. Pole b. Centre of curvature c. Principle axis
- A convex refracting surface f radius of curvature 20 cm separates two media of refractive indices 4/3 and 1.60. An object is placed in the first medium (n = 4/3) at a distance of 200 cm from the refracting surface. Calculate the position of the image formed.
- The radius of curvature of convex surface is 10 cm and if an object lies at a distance of 20 cm from it in the rarer medium, find the position of the image assuming the refractive index of the rarer medium is 1.0, while that of the denser medium is 2.0.
- A small piece of paper stuck on a glass sphere of 5 cm radius is viewed through the glass from the position directly opposite. Find the position of the image. Refractive index of glass is 1.5
- A point object is placed in air at distance of 40 cm from a concave refracting surface of refractive index 1.5. If radius of curvature of the spherical surface is 20 cm, calculate the position of the image.
- <div>Explain me ray tracing of concave lens??</div>
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number