A ball is placed near the periphery of a merry-go-round and istied to its centre. Merry-go-roundis rotating about an axis passing through its centre.[4M](i)What will be your observation when you are standing outside the merry-go-round?Explain it.(ii)What will be your observation when you are standing at the centre of the merry-go-round? Explain it.
Asked by Farheen1447 | 3rd Feb, 2019, 09:07: PM
1. If we observe the ball from ground frame we will see that ball is executing circular motion having centre at centre of marry go round.
2. If we observe the ball from centre of Mary go round we will see that ball is at rest. Because angular velocity of you as well as the ball will have the same values. There is no relative velocity with respect to any object. So it will feel like ball is at rest.
Answered by Ankit K | 4th Feb, 2019, 09:03: AM
- What is centrifugal force
- ch. force
- name the force required for circular road motion . state it's. direction
- when a boy rotates a stone tied to a string by swirling the string what force does his hand exert on the string?: centrifugal or centripetal
- When a boy rotates a stone tied to a string by swirling the string what force does he experience on his hand:centrifugal or centripetal?
- a ball is tied at one end of a string, the other end is tied at the centre of the merry go round. if the string breaks, the person standing outside the merry go round will observe that the ball is moving in a straight line, whereas the person standing on the merry go round observes that the ball always remains in front of him radially away from him. explain the reason for each. how is centrifugal force acting in the second case?
- Why is centrifugal force called a pseudo force??
- Pls answer the question.
- A body is moving with a uniform speed in a circular path. Does some net force necessarily act on the body?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number