A a concave lens has focal length of 15cm at what distance should be the object placed from the lens so that it is formed and image at 10 cm from the lens? What will be the nature and magnification of the image
Asked by malkabaswarai | 27th Mar, 2020, 12:07: PM
If a concave lens has focal length of 15 cm then the distance of that object from the lens such that it forms an image at 10 cm from the lens is calculated as follows:
The magnification of lens is
As, magnification is less than 1 the size of image is less than object size.
The image formed by concave lens is at same side as that of object.
Thus, nature of image is virtual, erect and diminished.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 27th Mar, 2020, 01:08: PM
- 35. A student focuses the image of a candle flame, placed at about 2 m from a convex lens of focal length 10 cm, on a screen. After that he moves gradually the flame towards the lens and each time focuses its image on the screen. (A) In which direction does he move the lens to focus the flame on the screen? (B) What happens to the size of the image of the flame formed on the screen? (C) What difference is seen in the intensity (brightness) of the image of the flame on the screen? (D) What is seen on the screen when the flame is very close (at about 5 cm) to the lens?
- How many types of image forms due to lenses ? What are those ? Mention the differences
- An object 50cm tall is placed on the principal axis of a convex lens.Its 20cm tall image
- How does the size of image change as the object is brought from closer to infinite towards the convex lens?
- The object 5cm high is placed in front of a lens of power +2D. Two times real and magnified image of the object is attained by the lens. Find 1)Object distance 2)Image distance 3)height of the image
- relation between intensity of image and aperture when half of the lens is covered
- An object is placed before a concave lens of focal length 12cm. The size of the image formed by the lens is half the size of the object. Calculate the distance.
- draw the ray diagram for getting a magnified inverted real image by using a convex lens
- why focal length of convex lens is taken as positive
- Which lens form virtual and erect image?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number