a 21m deep well with diametre 6m is dug and the earth from digging is evenly spread to form a platform 27m 11m.find the height of the platform(use pie as 22\7) (explain each step)
Asked by ushanihar12 | 10th Feb, 2019, 01:53: PM
If 21m deep well with diametre 6m (radius 3m) is dug and the earth from digging is evenly spread to form a platform 27m x 11m.
This means that the volume of mud digged is equal to the volume of mud used to build the platform (in cuboid shape)
Volume of cylinder = volume of cuboid platform
π r2 h = l x b x h
(22/7) x (3)2 x 21 =27 x 11 x h
h = 2 m
Therefore, the height of platform is 2m.
Answered by Science Mate | 10th Feb, 2019, 05:39: PM
- The internal and external radii of a hollow cylinder are 3 cm and 5 cm respectively. Hence its volume will be equal to _______cubic cm and its total surface area will be ________ square cm. *
- The CSA OF A cylinder is 4400 cm square and the circumfrence of its base is 110cm. Find the height and volume of the cylinder
- please solve this.
- a pool has a uniform circular cross section of radius 5 m and deth 1.4 m. it is filled by a ppe which deiver water at the rate of 20 l per sec. calculate in minutes the tie taken to fill the pool. If the pool is emptied in 42 min by another cylindercal pipe through which water flows in 2m per sec. calculate the radius of the pipe in cm
- The sum of the height and the radius of a solid cylinder is 35 cm and its total surface area is 3080 cm square find the volume of the cylinder
- When a solid metal cube is completely submerged in a cylindrical vessel containing milk with diameter 30 cm the level of milk rises by 1.42cm.find the length of the edge of the metal cube
- the height of right cylinder is 16cm and the radius of its base is 12cm . find radius of the sphere whose volume is equal to volume of given cylinder
- the inner radius of a pipe is 2.1 cm. how much water can 12m of this pipe hold.
- The curved surface area of a cylinder is 4400 CM square and the circumference of its base is 110 cm find the height and the volume of the cylinder
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number