4. You are given the following masses and volumes for various blocks of materials. The mass of 1cm^ 3 of water is 1g.From them choose which one will float in water? (A)materialW:mass=12g,volume=10cm 3 (B)materialY:mass=30g,volume=28cm 3 (C)materialX:mass=22g,volume=20cm3 (D)materialZ;mass=12g,volume=13cm3
Asked by shammiaryan2 | 28th Sep, 2021, 10:45: AM
The correct option is d) materialZ;mass=12g,volume=13cm3
mass of water = 1 g, volume = 1 cm3 , density of water = 1 g/cm3
density of material W = 12/10 = 1.2 g/cm3
density of material Y = 30/28 = 1.07 g/cm3
density of material X = 22/20 = 1.1 g/cm3
density of material Z = 12/13 = 0.92 g/cm3
So from all materials given, material Z is less dense than water thus, material Z will float in water others will sink in water.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 29th Sep, 2021, 11:52: AM
- The pressure of the inflated balloon is less or greater than the atmospheric pressure? Why? Explain.
- what is pressure
- A car has a weight of 8000N. The car is supported by 4 tyres. The weight on each tyre is equal. The area of one tyre in contact with the ground is 150 cm2 . Calculate the pressure that one tyre exerts on the ground. Show your working and give your answer in N/cm2 .
- what does pressure depend on?
- 5 applications on atmospheric pressure
- State the characteristics of liquid pressure?
- A nail has 2metre square at one end,1/100m^2 and at the other end. a force of 1000g. weight is applied on the first end calculate the pressure avthing on the wall? Value of g=10m/sec^2
- How vaccum can be created on Earth
- why does a truck have more wheels
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number