24 and 25 ques
Asked by lovemaan5500 | 26th Nov, 2017, 12:45: PM
Heat gain by water = mw × Cp × (80-30)
Heat Loss by Steam = ms × L + ms ×Cp × (100-80)
whrere mw is mass of water, Cp is sp.heat of water, ms is mass of steam, L is latent Heat of vaporaisation of steam.
Heat gain = Heat loss
mw × Cp × (80-30) = ms × L + ms ×Cp × (100-80)
Substitute the values for mw, Cp and L and workout for ms
I got the final answer as ms = 0.756 kg
Please ask one question per post
Answered by | 27th Nov, 2017, 03:12: PM
- a calorimetry of mass 50g contains 200g of water at 30degree celcius . Calculate the final temperature of the mixture when 40g of ice at -10degree celcius is added to it.
- find result of mixing 10g of ice at-10c of water at 10c
- Is heat a conserved quantity? Give reason in suport of your answer?
- The temperature of 170g of water at 50degree celsius is lowered to 5degree celcius by adding certain amount of ice to it.Find the mass of ice added . (Take ,specific heat capacity of water=4200J/kg0c and specific latent heat of ice =36000J/kg)
- Water falls from a height of 50m. Calculate the rise in the temperature of water when it strikes the bottom. G=10ms-2 C=4200J/Kg°C
- Detail solutions
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number