2 charges +q and+q are seperated by a distance r.If the seperation is decreased,the work done should
be done :
a) by an external agent
b) by the electric field
c) against the electric field
d)none of these
In the above case if one of charges is replaced by -q , what would be the answer?
Asked by Rajeev | 22nd May, 2015, 09:12: AM
When two charges +q and +q are seperated by a distance r, the electrostatic force of repulsion devloped between them which keep them apart. If the seperation decreased still the charges keep away from each other but to stay at that position, an external force is nedded. Hence in this case work done by an external agent.
When one of charges is replaced by -q seperated by distance is called electric diple and electrostatic force of attraction devloped between them.
Electric potential due to charge varies inversely as the distance from the charge i.e.
Work done is given as w = Vq. Therefore, work done also varies inversely as the distance from the charge. Hence, in this case work done by an electric field.
Answered by Priyanka Kumbhar | 22nd May, 2015, 03:56: PM
- the electrical potential on the surface of a hollow sphere is 40V. its radius is 2 m. find the electrical potential near the centre of this hollow sphere.
- what is electric potential??
- kindly solve this problem....
- What is the difference between potential energy, potential difference and voltage?
- Question:A test charge is moved from lower potential point to higher potential point. The potential energy of point charge will....remain same/increase/decrease/zero?
- a charge of 30nc produces electric field at point 0.8m and 1.2m away from the charge along a straight line in the same side find the potential at these points and also find the work do e to move a charge of 2nc between these points
- Two metal spheres each of mass 1 gmail and radius 0.5 cm are placed on a smooth horizontal insulated plate such that their centres are 15 cm apart. One is charged to a potential of 500 volt and the other to 100 volt. What is the velocity of each sphere when they drift away to a distance of 30 cm between their centres?
- please solve the question in the picture.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number