1.What is the product formed aftr aldol condensation of 2-methylpentanal?
Give the structures of benzophenone & phenylacetaldehyde.
Asked by Prakash | 6th Nov, 2017, 01:01: PM
Aldol condensation of 2-methylpentanal
Structures of bezophenon and phenylacetaldehyde are as
Answered by Varsha | 6th Nov, 2017, 02:21: PM
- how is the cabonyl group of aldehyde/ketone affected in the presence of electron donating group like metyl in cyanohydrin reaction?
- an organic compound a with molecular formula c6h6o react with zinc dust to give a hydrocarbon B which upon reaction with CH3Cl in the presence of anhydrous AlCl3 gives C.compound C on oxidation with alkaline KMnO4 gives compound D Compound A on further reaction with NH3 in the presence of anhydrous ZnCl2 gives E identify compound A B C D E and also justify your answer
- Please solve this question
- Pl ans
- Oxidation of ortho nitrotoluene with agent Cro2cl2
- What happens when acetaldehyde reacts with (1) semicarbazide (2) HCN (3) I2/NaOH (4) NaHSo3 (5) Dil. NaoH (6) phenyl hydrazine
- How acetaldehyde prepared from (1) CH3COCl(acetyl chloride) (2) (CH3COO)2Ca (calcium acetate)
- Please answer it
- An organic compound A gives positive test with Tollen's reagent on treatment with ammonia forms B which is an eye medicine. A on treatment with concentrated KOH forms C and D . C on oxidation forms A again. D on acidification responds to Tollen's test. A combines with CH3MgI followed by hydrolysis forms E which on oxidation followed by decarboxylation forms methane. Identify A to E. With proper equations involved.
- Why alpha carbon of carbonyl compounds are acidic?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number