1.The resistance of galvanometer is G and its current capacity is I . to increase its current capcity by 'n' times, the required value of shunt is ______________
2. For open circuit of electric circuit is ______________ [compare V and epsilon in terms of V,Epsilon, I and r]
3. An electron completes 100 rotations in 20 seconds on circular path, then amount of electric charge passing through any point in circular path in 20 seconds is ________________C
4. A point P is 25m away from point 1microC and 100m away from point 4microC charge. The electric potentil at P is__________volt
5. For most stable position of magnetic dipole in uniform magnetic field the value of potential energy should be________ [mb, -mb or 0]
Asked by Dhriti | 24th Oct, 2014, 11:45: AM
The energy possessed by a magnetic dipole due to its particular position in the magnetic field is the potential energy of the magnetic dipole in the field.
The potential energy of the dipole is given by:
U = -m.B
Where, m is the magnetic dipole moment held at an angle of in the direction of a uniform magnetic field B.
When =0, U = -mBcos0° = -mB which is minimum.
When the magnetic dipole is aligned along the direction of the magnetic field, it is in stable equilibrium having minimum potential energy. Hence, it is the position of stable equilibrium.
NOTE: Please ask each question as seperate seperate queries.
Answered by Yashvanti Jain | 8th Dec, 2017, 07:03: PM
- pls explain
- What do you mean by magnetic Lorentz force?
- When will be the force experienced by moving charge in a magnetic field maximum and minimum?
- What is the work done by a magnetic field on a moving charge?
- In the expression, F= qvBsinθ which pair of vectors among , and is always perpendicular to each other.
- Deduce an expression for the force experienced by the moving charged particle in a uniform magnetic field?
- State the rule, which governs the direction of the magnetic Lorentz force.
- Under which conditions there is no force experienced by the charge particle in a uniform magnetic field?
- Discuss the motion of a charged particle in uniform magnetic field?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number