1)write a equation when hot and concentrated sulphuric acid reacts with sodium hydroxide.
2)concentrated sulphuric acid is kept in air tight bottle.give reason
3)sulphuric acid is not used as drying agent for H2S.
Asked by hrmeenal24 | 1st Nov, 2019, 05:51: PM
1) When sulphuric acid reacts with sodium hydroxide it neutralizes base to form sodium sulphate.
2NaOH + H2SO4 → Na2SO4 + 2H2O
2) Concentrated sulphuric acid is hygroscopic substance that absorbs moisture when exposed to air. Hence, it is stored in air tight bottles.
3) Sulphuric acid is not a drying agent for H2S because it reacts with H2S to form sulphur.
H2SO4+H2S → 2H2O+SO2+S
Answered by Ramandeep | 1st Nov, 2019, 06:35: PM
- 13. Write the balanced chemical equation to support each of the statements given below (use only dilute sulphuric acid). a. Basic oxide + acid → salt + water b. Metallic carbonate + acid → salt + water + carbon dioxide
- Name the gas evolved when: dil. sulphuric acid reacts with sodium sulphite. Give the balanced chemical equation of the reaction as well.
- we know water is a non electrolyte since it requires h2so4 to ionize to positively harged hydronium ions and sulphate ions then what property of water makes itself ionize to h+ and oh- ions along with the ionization of the dissolved salts ?? is it so if then why??
- Sir/Madam, kindly answer the following: Why is direct addition of dil. H2SO4 to PbCO3 an impractical methof of preparing lead sulphate?
- give a chemical test to distinguish between dil.sulphuric acid and conc.sulphuric acid
- How is dil.Sulphuric acid prepared from Conc Sulphuric acid?
- Conc.H2SO4 dissolves in water liberating a lot of heat.Why?
- Why does dil.H2so4 form 2 types of salt with an alkali?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number