1) What is the force experienced by a positively charged particle Q moving at right angle to an uniform electric field?
2) What is the effect on the charge on the plates of the capacitance on inserting dielectric in a parallel plate capacitors?
Asked by hitanshu04 | 18th May, 2021, 07:05: PM
Force on charge = ( q E )
Where q is charge magnitude and E is electric field intensity .
Direction of force is in the direction of electric field
If potential difference is not applied across capacitor plates while inserting dielectric material ,
charge remains same after inserting dielectric material between capacitor plates.
If potential difference is applied across capacitor plates while inserting dielectric material ,
capacitance of capacitor increases by a factor K , where K is dielectric constant .
Since charge Q on capacitor plates is directly proportional to capacitance , charge is multiplied by a factor K
after inserting dielectric material between capacitor plates.
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 19th May, 2021, 09:23: AM
- Is the charge on two capacitors connected in series (one of them is filled with dielectric slab of constant K) same if they both are connected to battery having potential V ? If yes then please justify..
- Calculate the capacitance of the following multi slab capacitor.
- Consider a 342 μF capacitor charged to 1250 V in a defibrillator. When charged to 1250 V, how much energy is stored in the capacitor? 9.60×102 J (in J)
- Capacitance of A parralel plate capaciter
- Please solve Q no 69 Given ans option 3
- As the dielectric constant for metals is infinity and if we use it as a dielectric between capacitor then it's capacitance will increase infinity time then also we don't use it as a dielectric Why?
- Energy stored in capacitor and energy dissipated during charging a capacitor bear a ratio?
- Can we induce charges in insulator and conductor both ? What is the difference in the mechanism of polarisation and induction of charges ? (Other than polarisation we use when dielectric is used=
- Derive an Expression for capacity of a parallel plane capacitor with dielectric medium?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number