1. what is a simple machin ?give one example?
Asked by moumitad72 | 19th Nov, 2014, 06:59: PM
A simple machine is a device by which we can either overcome a large resistive force (or load) at some point by applying a small force (or effort) at a convenient point and in a desired direction or by which we can obtain a gain in speed.
Examples: Scissors, Jack, Pulley etc.
In simple words, a simple machine is a mechanical device that changes the direction or magnitude of a force.
Answered by Sheetal Jalan | 21st Nov, 2014, 08:32: AM
- The load arm of a lever is 5m long and its effort arm is 4m.What is the effort needed to lift a load of 40N ?
- The length of a lever of class I is 400 cm. Calculate the mechanical advantage of the lever if it's fulcrum is located at a distance of 200cm from the effort. *
- what is simple machines
- What is the meaning of V.R.
- the length of the load arm of a lever is 6 m long and effort arm is 3 m long .what is the effort required to lift the load of 40 N ?
- The handle of a water pump is 90 cm long from its piston rod. If the pivot handle is at a distance of 15 cm from the piston rod, calculate (a) least effort required at its other end to overcome a resistance of 60 kgf and (b) mechanical advantage of handle.
- Wheelbarrow which class lever
- How is a wheel a simple machine?
- If total length of a liver is 4 m metre and MA is 4000 than what is the effort required to lift the load
- The length of a lever of class I is 4m. Calculate the mechanical advantage of the lever if it's fulcrum is located at a distance of 120cm from the effort.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number