1 What determines the direction of flow of impulse in a nerve
2 In what manner does Autonomic nervous system depend on central nervous system
Asked by lovemaan5500 | 7th Jan, 2018, 11:11: AM
1. The nerve impulse flows in only one direction, i.e., from the dendrites, then to the cell body and finally along the axonal length. It then crosses the synapse and again reaches the dendrites of the next neuron and the process of conduction of nerve impulse continues. This happens because of the alternate polarisation and depolarisation of the nerve fibre generated by the sodium ions which allows the impulse to travel in only one direction.
2. The autonomic nervous system controls the involuntary actions of the internal organs. Involuntary actions like blood pressure, vomiting and salivation are controlled by medulla of hindbrain which is a part of the central nervous system. Also, the activity of the motor neurons of the autonomic nervous system called autonomic ganglia is modulated by preganglionic neurons located in the central nervous system.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 8th Jan, 2018, 11:54: AM
- ma'am could please let me know the answers of the following qs and could also tell what is worng ?
- moving to the side of the road when a car is coming in high speed- is it natural reflex or conditioned reflex,why?
- What is Hypothalamus?
- why the every human brain is diferrent
- what is the function of coronial nerves
- What type of reflex is shown by spinal cord?
- In nervous system, what is the correct definition for sodium pump
- You saw a dream - Did the eyes see it ? Is it the eyes that see or the brain through the eyes ?
- What is the function of sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system?
- Choose the correct answer from each of the four options given below : 1) Salk's vaccine is used to build immunity against A. Tuberculosis B. Poliomyelitis C. Malaria D. Thyroid
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number