1) Two heaters of same resistance are used to heat the water
In which of the following cases will the water heat up faster ?
a) if heaters are connected in series
b)if heaters are connected in parallel
Asked by tanishqa.rathod | 1st Sep, 2015, 09:40: PM
When heaters are connected in series, current through the circuit is one-fourth the current that flows when connected in parallel.
Hence, it will take 4 times the time to heat water when heaters are connected in parallel.
So, when heaters are connected in parallel, the water gets heated faster.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 2nd Sep, 2015, 07:08: PM
- the electric heater is rated at 2 kilowatt electrical energy cost 4 rupees per kilowatt hour what is the cost of using the heater of 3 hours
- Write joules law of heating
- Please answer the question
- An electric bulb draws a current of 8A and works on 250 volt on the average 8 hours a day find the power consumed by co. consumed by the bulb and find if the electric distribution company is the meaning
- Q8. An electric bulb is marked 18watt-240 volt. If it is used across 240 V power line for one hour daily, calculate the number of days to consume 1 unit of electric energy.
- A electric rerfrigerator rated 400 watt generator 8hour/day.what is th cost of energy to operate it for 30 days at rs.3.00 per kwh
- derive the expression for heat produced due to current (I) flowing for time period (T) THROUGH RESISTOR (R) having potential difference (v) across the terminals 1) name the relation .list all the variables along with their SI units 2)how much heat will an instrument of 14W produce in half an hour if it is connected to a battery of 70 W?
- Name 2 elements used as filament in electric bulbs
- How is the life of a filament of an electric bulb prolonged?
- Which characteristics are not suitable for a fuse wire
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number