1. In an experiment 6.67 g of AlCl3 was produced and 0.54 g of Al remained unreacted.How many moles of Al were taken originally?
2.One mole of Potassium is themally decomposed and excess of aluminium is burnt in the gaseous product.How many moles of aluminium oxide are formed?z
3.A sample of H2SO4 is 90% by weight.What is the volume of the acid that can be used to make 1 litre of 0.2 M H2SO4
4.The density of 3M solution of Na2S2O3 is 1.2 g/ml.Find the molalities of Na+ and S2O3^2- ions.
5.If x% of a solute of molecular mass is present in a solution having density of d gm/cm^3 calculate molarity and molality if
a. x% is by mass b.x% is by volume
Asked by mehrarora26 | 22nd May, 2015, 09:43: PM
Thanks for asking us a question in Ask the Expert section of TopperLearning.com.
In case of multiple questions within a query, please post each question individually and let us know where you are getting stuck so that we would be able to explain things better.
Solution for your first query,
Al + 3/2 Cl2 ----> AlCl3
From the above reaction, 1mole Al produces 1 mole AlCl3
Finally 0.54 g Al is remaining that means 0.54 / 27 = 0.02 moles Al is remaining
6.67 g of AlCl3 is produced that means 6.67 / 133.5 = 0.05 moles of AlCl3 is produced.
From the reaction, 0.05 moles of AlCl3 can get produced from 0.05 moles of Al.
Hence, 0.05 moles used Al + 0.02 moles remaining Al = 0.07 moles of Al were present originally.
Answered by Prachi Sawant | 23rd May, 2015, 08:53: PM
- what is mole
- In a reaction of magnesium with HCl if 2.24 litre of H2 is obtained at STP the mass of the other product will be what
- 5g of marble was added to 100 c.c of 0.2 M HCl. What volume of CO2 measured at STP will be evolved in the above reaction
- an organic compound an analysis : c=65%, h=3.5% n = 9.6% and o= 21.9% 0.3675 gm of the
- give answer
- The hydrated salt na2so4 nh20 under goes 55% loss in weight on heating and become anhydrous.the value of small n? will
- 25ml of a solution containing HCl was treated with excess of M/5 KIO3 and KI solution of unknown concentration where I2 liberated is titrated against a standard solution of 0.021M Na2S2O3 solution whose 24ml were used up. Find the strength of HCl and volume of KIO3 solution consumed.
- carbon react with chlorine to form ccl4 .36gm of carbon was mixed with 142gmof ccl2.calculate mass of ccl4 produce and remaining mass of reactant
- Phosphorus pentachloride decomposes according to this equation. PCl5(g) equilibrium reaction arrow PCl3(g) + Cl2(g) An equilibrium mixture in a 5.00 L flask at 245°C contains 4.27 g of PCl5, 9.31 g of PCl3, and 2.86 g of Cl2. How many grams of each will be found if the mixture is transferred into a 2.00 L flask at the same temperature.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number