1 From the solutions (water ,strong sugar solution,1%salt solution) name the solution into which cell A and B was placed
2 Name the pressure responsible for the movement of water from the rroot hair cell to the xylem of root.howw is it set up
3Name the pressure that helps in the movement of water up the xylem of the root
Asked by lovemaan5500 | 26th Dec, 2017, 10:23: AM
1. 1% salt solution
2. Turgor pressure.When a plant cell stores ions, sugars and other solutes in its vacuole, this causes an influx of water. The influx of water results in a large turgor pressure exerted on the plant cell wall.
3. Root pressure
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 26th Dec, 2017, 12:59: PM
- What is osmosis
- The water reaches to the top most part of a tree due to the transpirational pull during day time. What makes water rise upwards during night?
- Why balsam plant is always used in most of the plant experiments.
- what are osmosis
- does osmotic pressure occur due to the weight and pressure exerted by the liquid in the cell?
- in which direction does osmotic pressure occur? towards the centre of the cell or towards the wall? give reasons.
- why does osmotic pressure occur?
- What is the difference between flaccidity and plasmolysis ???
- State true or false raisins when submerged in water swell up due to endosmosis
- What is the significance of diffusion and osmosis in both plants and animals?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number