1}Divakaran deposited a sum of 6250 rupees in the Allahabad Bank for 1 year,compounded half-yearly at 8% per annum.Find the compound interest he gets.
2}Michael borrowed 16000 rupees from a finance company at 10% per annum,compounded half-yearly.What amount of money will discharge his debt after 1.5 years.
Asked by shailjashubham | 20th Jun, 2015, 02:30: PM
Please ask one query in a single post. The first question has been solved here. You can proceed the same way for the second one.
1. Principle amount P= 6250 Rs.
Yearly interest rate is 8%. Hence, half yearly interest rate is R=4%.
The amount is deposited for 1 year and , it's compunded half yearly. Hence, time period N=2
Hence, the total amount after one year is given by
Hence, the compund interest obtained = total amount - principal amount = 6760 - 6250 = 510 Rs.
Answered by satyajit samal | 21st Jun, 2015, 10:12: AM
- (4m + 5n)*2 + (5m + 4n)*2
- subtract ; 3l(l-4m+5n)from 4l(10n-3m+2l)
- X2 + 10x + 16
- Find the value of expression (x + y)2 - (x - y)2, if .
- Add the following expressions: 6m - 7n - 5p, -4m - 9n + 6p, -4m - 9n + 6p
- What should be added to to obtain ?
- From the sum of and , subtract .
- Simplify: .
- Simplify: .
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number