1. A rectangular plateof dimensions 6*4 and thickness 2mm is placed with its largest face flat on the surface of water. Find the downward force on the plate due to surface tension, surface tension of water is 7*10^-2.
2. I f the normal density of sea wateris 1.00g/cm, what will be its density at a depth of 3km?
Given, compressibility of water=0.000048 per atmosphere, 1 atmospheric pressurre= 1.01*10^6 dyne/cm^2
Asked by Nirbhay | 6th Nov, 2014, 09:26: AM
Please ask different questions as separate queries.
Answered by Sheetal Jalan | 7th Nov, 2014, 08:39: AM
- Applications of Bernoulli's theorem can be seen in : a. dynamic lift of airplane b. hydraulic press c. helicopter d. none of the above
- An ancient building has a fine of 5m radius and uniform but small thickness.The surface tension of its masonry structure is about 500Nm^-1.Treated as hemisphere,find the maximum load that dome can support.
- Define surface tension. What is the cause of surface tension? What is its measure?
- Why do the hairs of a shaving brush cling together when taken out of water?
- If we place a cotton thread loop on a soap film gently and prick the film within the loop then what shape will the thread loop acquire?
- When a sewing needle is gently placed on the surface of water, it floats. Why?
- Define surface energy and show that surface energy is equal to surface tension.
- n identical drops (each of radius r) of liquid of surface tension T and density coalesce to form single drop. The energy released in the processes is converted into kinetic energy. Find the speed of drop.
- Derive an expression for excess of pressure inside a soap bubble.
- What happens if the capillary tube is of insufficient height?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number