1. a farmer travelled a distance of 61 km in 9 hr . he travelled partly on foot at 4 km/hr and partly on bicycle at 9 km/hr . find the distance travelled by him on foot.
2. rohan cycles to his offic at the rate of 25/2 km/hr and is late by 3 minutes. however , if he travels at 15 km/hr , he reaches 5 minutes earlier than the usual time . what is the distance of his office from his residence ?
3. robert is travelling in his cycle and has calculated to reach point A at 2 pm . if he travels at 10 km/hr . however he will reach there at 12 noon if he travels at 15 km/hr . at what speed must he travel to reach A at 1 pm ?
Asked by Rishi | 19th Nov, 2015, 10:13: AM
*Please post one query at a time.
Answered by Priti Shah | 19th Nov, 2015, 01:13: PM
- The engine driver of a 130m long Rajdhani Express, traveling at 150km/h, sees the rear of a 220 m long goods train, traveling at 80 km/h ahead of him on another track at 8:05:00 a. m. If the Rajdhani Express overtakes the goods train at 8:06:30 a.m., how far was the goods train when the driver saw its rear at 8:05 a.m.?
- A man completed a trip of 136 km in 8 hours.Some parts of trip was covered at 15 kmph and the remaining at 18kmph.Find the part of trip covered at 18kmph.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number