Simple and refreshing sun tea sounds good to me!
You can get your family involved in making your next soul food dinner drink, by having them brew up a jar of sun-tea. It's too easy, this tea recipe practically makes itself.
This is a cool and refreshing addition to your country cooking on a hot summer day. Let nature take its course and the sun's rays will brew up this tea drink recipe in 3-4 hours. You only need to place tea bags in a jar, cover the jar with lid and place the jar in direct sunlight. Yes, this tea recipe is just that simple.
If you're feeling adventurous go ahead and harness the sun's energy by brewing up a jar of sun tea. Here is a simple recipe to work with.
Sun Tea Recipe
- 3 to 4 large tea bags, Lipton or Luzianne
- 1 gallon glass jar with lid
- sugar or honey to taste
- Fill the one gallon jar with fresh cold water. Add your tea bags and close the lid tightly. Place the jar outside in direct sunlight. It's best to place your jar in a protected area.
- Now let the warmth of the sun's rays slowly brew your tea. Next steep the tea in water for 3-4 hours. Depending on how strong you want the tea to be you can leave the tea in direct sunlight all day.
- The water will turn golden brown as the tea brews. Once the tea has strengthened to your liking remove it from the sunlight. Remove the tea bags from the tea. Sweeten to taste with honey or sugar. Place jar in the refrigerator and allow the tea to chill until it's cold.