Easy and Super Tasty Bundt Cake
Bundt cake molds produce a very artistic design in the cakes and it will be very difficult for anybody to resist a slice of Bundt cake. Another big advantage of baking bundt red velvet cake recipe is that they are easy to slice; even a thin slice can be cut easily. Here is a beautiful red velvet Bundt cake recipe for you to try out the next time you put on your baking hat.
What you will need:
- Vegetable oil - 1 1/2 cups
- Buttermilk - 1 cup
- Eggs - 2 (at room temperature)
- Red food coloring - 2 tablespoons
- White vinegar - 1 tablespoon
- Vanilla essence - 1 teaspoon
- Flour - 2 1/2 cups
- Sugar - 1 3/4 cups
- Baking soda - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - 3/4 teaspoon
- Cocoa powder - 1 tablespoon
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease a Bundt pan and dust some flour on the inside.
- In a mixing bowl, break in the eggs and add the buttermilk to the eggs.
- Beat the eggs and buttermilk together using an electric mixer till the eggs are well beaten.
- Add the vinegar and red food coloring.
- Add the sugar and beat till the sugar dissolves.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, one spoon at a time, and mix well between each addition to avoid clumps.
- Pour the prepared batter in the greased Bundt pan (fill 3/4 of the way).
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes or till the cake is firm in the center and does not jiggle on shaking.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes.
- Invert on a wire rack and let the cake cool for at least an hour before applying frosting.
What you will need for the frosting:
- Cream cheese - 1 cup
- Butter at room temperature - 1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar (sifted) - 2 cups
- Vanilla essence - 1/2 teaspoon
-Kit kat sticks
- Mix the cream cheese and butter and beat using an electric mixer at high speed till softened.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla to the mix and beat at low speed till the mix is fluffy. Scrape the sides of the bowl at regular intervals to get an even mix.
To assemble the cake:
- Place the cake on a serving plate and cover with cream cheese frosting on all sides.
- Alternatively, you can melt the frosting in the microwave and pour it all over the cake and let it flow down the sides. Cool for a few minutes.
- Decorate with chopped walnuts, Gems and serve.