The acme level organization, National Council of Educational Research and Training
) established in the year 1961 is a New Delhi head quartered Government of India setup which can assist and advise the State and Central Government on matters that are academically inclined towards the education at a school level.
The major aim of NCERT
is to advise and assist the ministry of social welfare and education in the implementation of progressive programs and policies diverted towards the field of education and mostly school education. Support is a major element of NCERT
. This support can range from school education improvement to technical and academic backup. There are certain constituents of NCERT
that help in delivering this support well. These include:
- New Delhi's National Institute of Education
- New Delhi's Central Institute of Education Technology
- Bhopal's Central Institute of Vocational Education under the name of Pandit Sunderlal Sharma
- Ajmer's regional education institute
- Bhopal's regional education institute
- Bhubaneswar's regional education institute
- Mysore's regional education institute
- Shillong's NE regional education institute
NCERT functions under a category of seven broad aspects related to research, training, extensions, development, publication, dissemination and exchange Programs. Drafting, recommendation and publishing of text books for classes I to XII is another important aspect of NCERT. The current director of this institute is Prof. Krishna Kumar.
NCERT bases its entire set of features on a top priority stand which makes essential the:
- Effectuation of Universalization of the National Curriculum Framework through the elementary education.
- Treating education as a valuable asset
- Development of education technology by the means of exemplary workbooks, textbooks, teachers guide and supplementary material for reading
- Producing state of art study material that is invested towards furnishing a great teaching as well as learning experience
- Special emphasis is given into the nurturing of talent and the education of girl child
- Counseling and proper guidance for learners
- Improvements in the international relations of teacher education
- NCERT is also diverted towards India's national development through the perpetration of the myths created by the leftist historians linked to the Indian history
The NCERT conducts various educational programs with the help of its constituent bodies in order to bring forth some major development plans like the renewal of various instructional materials for different levels of education in the high school so that it can cater to the altered phase of society and children. Another very significant part of NCERT is the dissemination and publication of NCERT textbooks across classes I to XII. It's rang of publishing's include workbooks, supplementary preparation material, reports on research etc. The publishing of the textbooks is done in a tri lingual state with languages being English, Hindi and Urdu. These books are not just handy for the students but even for the teachers as they are meant to provide the best.
NCERT cannot be considered as an organization that is limited to the nation only; instead NCERT has spread its wings far and wide reaching out to noble international links like UNESCO, UNICEF, UNDP, NFPA. The material developed for learning by the NCERT is cultivated through exchange from other nations. This major agency has changed the face of educational patterns and learning dimensions.