Sign In / Sign Up
Dialog content here.
Fetching details, please wait...
By registering, you certify that all information you provide, now or in the future, is accurate. You also accept that we may contact you by SMS or email
for verification and communication purposes. As per the DOT regulations, this will apply even if you are registered in the Do Not Disturb.
Assemble your supplies :
Construction paper, one for each lantern
Measure out an inch (2.54cm) across the width of the paper. Cut off the top and set it on the side for later. This will be the lantern's handle.
3. Fold the paper lengthwise (a hot dog fold).
4. Measure out an inch (2.54cm) from the top of the fold. This will be the "stop cut" line.
Make one inch (2.54cm) interval lines across the paper and cut along the lines. Stop at the top line.
6. Carefully fold the paper the other way. Making this fold will help you hide any pencil marks.
7. Use a small piece of clear tape to connect the two paper ends together. Repeat on the other side.
8. Staple on the handle.
9. Hang up your paper lantern somewhere in the house. Make several lanterns to decorate fully.
Adults may want to prepare the craft by measuring out lines and have kids cut the paper, with supervision.
You can also use card stock for a thicker, sturdier lantern.