The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is initiating Problem Solving Assessment (CBSE- PSA) for students of Classes IX and XI from the second term of session 2012-13.
The features of the `Problem Solving Assessment (CBSE-PSA) will be as follows: -
1. It will be compulsory for all students of Classes IX and carry 90 marks. There will be 60 items of MCQ type.
2. There is no specific syllabus for `Problem Solving Assessment (CBSE-PSA). Itwill assess the following areas:-
3. The items will incorporate aspects of 21st Century Skills (Creative Thinking, Decision Making, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Communication) that lead to success at Secondary Stage. They wouldbe assessing students ability to process, interpret and use information rather than assessing students prior subject matter knowledge.
4. The Assessmentin language will contain items that will assess grammar, usage, vocabulary incontext and passage-completion.
5. The items inProblem Solving Assessment (CBSE-PSA)will be designed in such a way so as to improve the generic and higher order thinking skills. This will also result in improving scores within the core school subjects.
6. All items will be prepared in Hindi and English.