Wed June 13, 2012 By:

Define reactant,product,precipitate?

Expert Reply
Wed June 13, 2012
  1. The substances that undergo chemical change in a reaction are called reactants.
  2. The new substances formed during a reaction are called products.
  3. The insoluble solid that emerges from a reaction that occurs in liquids by the process of precipitation is called precipitate.
Ask the Expert